Help with setting up a data entry table.

Discussions about CSEntry
BPAnderson

Help with setting up a data entry table.

Post by BPAnderson »

I have attached an image of a data entry table that I have created, but need some help in trying to get it to operate the way that I would like. The way the form works is as follows:

Only one option (1-6) can be selected. If option 1 is selected, then an additional one from the list of 1A - 1L can be selected. Each column is an observation and so an entry will be placed into column 1 and then column 2, and so on. Normally I would use radio buttons to limit the choices, but that seems to not be an option when I have multiple occurrences of the same information (it forces a text field). Any thoughts about how I can manage this form to limit the inputs as I listed above?
Attachments
RosterTable.jpg
RosterTable.jpg (75.22 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Help with setting up a data entry table.

Post by Gregory Martin »

I don't think that doing this with a roster is your best option? Is this for key-from-paper entry, or for a CAPI survey? Is it important that the response labels ("teacher in class teaching") are visible to the person entering data?
BPAnderson

Post by BPAnderson »

Sorry for the late reply to your question. I hadn't seen that a post had come in. To answer your question though, it is designed to be a key-from-paper data entry application.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Can you simply have a roster with two rows? The first one will be for the value 1-6. If 1 isn't selected, then you write skip to next in logic to skip past the second row. That second row will be the option A-L.