Cyrillic in check boxes

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Anne

Cyrillic in check boxes

Post by Anne »

Getting closer and closer solving my cyrillic problems after version 5, now it seems I have only two problems left:

1) The cyrillic works fine on my computer, but not on the ones running russian windows in Kyrgyzstan. Makes it really hard to debug when I'm located in Norway ;)
2) Cyrillic in check boxes looks weirder than ever.

I'll deal with the first problem myself, but the other one, I find really curious: Have a look at the attached application: Bot the value sets have cyrillic items in them. It works fine using the ordinary text field, but not when I use check boxes instead.

(and OK: If anybody has good ideas about what could be wrong with the kyrgyz computers, I would be thankful for hints on that too. My gut feeling says it's something about fonts not installed or similar?)

Thank you again!

Anne
Attachments
cyrillic in check boxes.zip
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Cyrillic in check boxes

Post by Gregory Martin »

Anne,

Indeed, this is a font issue on our end. The checkbox control isn't using a font that supports Cyrillic fonts. I've changed this for the 5.0.2 release, which should come out later this week. In the meantime, you can get it to work by adding this code to your application preproc:
setfont(valuesets,"MS Shell Dlg",12);