create Pff to find a case

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
CSO-TT

create Pff to find a case

Post by CSO-TT »

We want to create some functionality in CSPro so that users can easily modify data. Can I create a pff to find a case in a data file. I am thinking of passing the ID via a parameter.
Gregory Martin

Re: create Pff to find a case

Post by Gregory Martin »

Have you looked at all of the options that you can specify in a data entry PFF?

http://www.csprousers.org/help/html/run ... _entry.htm

It sounds like you'll be able to achieve what you want by specifying a particular StartMode value. This works particularly well if you are modifying existing data.

If you are creating a new case, you may want to specify a StartMode value but you'll also want to pass the IDs via the parameter because you won't be able to parse the StartMode value from within a new case.
CSO-TT

Post by CSO-TT »

I was thinking about that this morning, but I wasn't sure how to get move to the correct case in the file. We are trying to build a system we can loop the modification of cases for the users. so my steps in modify a file after batch edit may be

enter mod case id
find case in file
open case
modify case
save case
Return to enter case

After some research I hope to either use the loadcase or selcase to find and open my case.
Thanks for the advice, you have me going down some other avenues now.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

Another possibility that you might consider is controlling the entry of data in a single application instead of launching multiple instances of CSEntry. What you would do is create a data entry application with a dictionary that you won't really use, outside of gathering information from the user. Then you would add your actual dictionary as an external dictionary to your application and you would determine when to enter data to the this dictionary and form using the enter command. If you were adding a case, you would clear the external dictionary and then enter it. If you were modifying a case, you would loadcase and then enter it. In either case, after entry, you would have to writecase the data.