CAPI Text inconsistencies

Discussions about CSEntry
chifundok

CAPI Text inconsistencies

Post by chifundok »

dear all
Does anyone know of a solution to the following problem?
My CAPI text looks okay when i am in design view. When i run the entry application to test it, the capi entries for some of the subitems do not appear, for e.g, i have subitems day, month and year for date, it does not show the CAPI text for day and month but shows for year. it also does not show the capi text for some of my items. i have village and subvillage as two separate items, it shows the CAPI text for village but not for subvillage. Any thoughts, ideas on how to fix this?
Last edited by chifundok on October 19th, 2012, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: CAPI Text

Post by Guest »

There is an option in Windows Fit CapiOptions end ... when you give that option is fixed the screen ..
regards
Gregory Martin

Re: CAPI Text inconsistencies

Post by Gregory Martin »

What version of CSPro are you using? These was a problem with the updating of CAPI text for subitems in previous versions of CSPro. Have you tried your application on the newest version of CSPro, version 5. Try that and see if the problem still exists.

If it does, can you send me your application and tell me the fields that where the problem occurs and I'll look into fixing the issue: gregory.martin@census.gov.
chifundok

Post by chifundok »

Thanks Gregory Martin for the response. my colleague Mtenga has spotted the problem, we were using the set attributes(MYDICT) assisted on (responses); statement, so this suppresses the capi text but if one tells it to include the questions as follows: set attributes(MYDICT) assisted on (question, responses); it works perfect.
Concerning upgrading to CSPro 5: We are a bit hesitant currently because we have a big study coming up soon, it seems downgrading back to CSPro 4.1 for eg, is not as straight forward as it used to be with earlier versions.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

You are correct that downgrading is not as simple as in the past. You should probably stick with 4.1 for your current survey and then move to 5.0 for your next one. To turn on both the CAPI questions and responses, you can also write:
set attributes(MYDICT) assisted on;