How can we lock dictionary file when we have a final one

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
saobachminh

How can we lock dictionary file when we have a final one

Post by saobachminh »

Hi all,

After three pilots i now have a final dictionary, that means this file will be used to the filed and i do not want anybody (data collectors) to change it. As you know, we just only merge 2 or more datas with the same structures, so i do not want to be risky. How can we do that?

Best,

Dung
Gregory Martin

Re: How can we lock dictionary file when we have a final one

Post by Gregory Martin »

You have two options:

1) You can create an .enc file to distribute as your data entry application. This cannot be modified in any way by the keyers. See here for more about this: http://www.csprousers.org/help/generate ... cation.htm

2) For less security, but something that doesn't require distributing the above binary version, you can add the term [NoEdit] at the top of your dictionary (.dcf) file. This will prevent the file from opening in the CSPro Designer, but is only partial security because people who know about CSPro can bypass this by removing that text from your dictionary file. Novice users will not know how to do this however. Search for "Locking Application Files" in the helps for more information.
Mutua Kakinyi

Post by Mutua Kakinyi »

It is also possible to prevent keyers from changing DCF or any other application file.

Over a LAN (where keyer/s have a domain login) you can implement a Group Policy at the server where you lock-down keyer desktop, control panel, programs,.. to the extend that only user name, log off/shut-down are visible after clicking 'Start'. After everything is removed from desktop, you can sent an icon of the data application on the keyer desktop. With this environment, you can have your application files/data centrally placed at a server BUT you need to manage the PFF file. You can have each keyer login to your data entry application, and use the username as a PFF file to launch application ENT file.

I have done done this and am able to manage over 100 keyers at the same time.

These Active Domain, Group Policy configurations and creating icons by scripts are available on the web.
saobachminh

Post by saobachminh »

Thanks a lot you tow guys

Best,

Dung
asifsuun

Post by asifsuun »

Thanks for share with us..!!

english to urdu dictionary