Centry and Bach

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
marialange

Centry and Bach

Post by marialange »

I have a question for you, when I enter a questionnaire within an application Centry, the 1st time and then generates no index, but when I run that file an application with Bach (generate list error) and I want to come back to me centry indexing the file ... there any way in the. pff to tell him not re-index the file back?
Thanks in advance.
Maria Teresa
Gregory Martin

Re: Centry and Bach

Post by Gregory Martin »

CSEntry will create an index whenever it thinks that the data file has changed from the file used to create the index. This will happen generally if the modified date of your data file is newer than the modified date of the index file.

Running a batch edit application on a data file should not cause a new index to be created because, if the data file is the input to your batch program, CSBatch opens the file in read-only mode, so the modified date does not change.

If you are not modifying the data file, then a new index should not be created. Are you sure that the data file is not being modified by your batch application?

In any case, there is no way to specify in the PFF whether or not you want an index generated for the data file.
marialange

Re: Centry and Bach

Post by marialange »

Hello Gregory:
I commented that I found the problem index, and is hardly to touch the file, either by running the Bach I have a pre-census file (external file) which is very large which I extract location data in the time of loading the census questionnaire, the external file to use him again in the bach program, opening it 2 times, what I did was remove the bach program and after that I had no problem.
Thank you.
Maria Teresa.