Possible bug with automatic partial saves

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Don

Possible bug with automatic partial saves

Post by Don »

Hi there seems to be a bug with the option "automatically partially save the case every x minutes". Whenever I try to open an app that contains alpha fields, some of that text data is lost.

I made an app to be used on Windows to code Occupation and Industry codes from data that comes in from tablets. When the app opens the questionnaire, some text data disappears. I attached a packed application to illustrate which includes a data file (Data\data.csdb). In it, the following fields are populated:
  • 12. Training for Occupation (OCCUPTR_TEXT)
    12. Training for Occupation (OCCUPTR)
    15. Occupation Trained (OCCTRAINED_TEXT)
    37, Main Occupation (OCCUP_TEXT)
    38. Main Industry (INDUS_TEXT)
To use it, open coding\CoderMenu.pff, the username, userID and ED should automatically populate. They are LSMITH, 58 and 435 respectively. Click Choose questionnaire and select the only case there.

Once the questionnaire is opened, only the first field (Training for Occupation) is populated and all the others mentioned are now blank. I can enter the code for this field in to the second Training for Occupation field, and it will appear in the data file. But when I open the questionnaire again, the data in the second Training for Occupation field is lost again.

Are there any workarounds to this?
Attachments
Coding.zip
(291 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
josh

Re: Possible bug with automatic partial saves

Post by josh »

There was an issue with that it one of the early 7.1 release but it should be fixed in version 7.1.3. Are you using an earlier version?
Don

Post by Don »

Hi Josh,

Yes I was using 7.1.1. I upgraded to 7.1.3 and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Does this affect the android app as well?
josh

Post by josh »

Yes, it affects the Android app too. However, unless you have explicitly disabled automatic updates on your Android device, you should already have 7.1.3. You can check from the about page.