CSpro crashed-unable to open .ent application now

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
claudia

CSpro crashed-unable to open .ent application now

Post by claudia »

Hi there,

I have a very urgent problem. My CSPro sometimes crashes (I don't know why). So far, this hasn't caused much damage because I always managed to open the last version I was working on and only lost what I hadn't saved in the last few minutes. This time, however, I am unable to open the data entry application (.ent) again. It opens for one seconds or two and then it closes again. I am able to open the dictionary only, but I am unable to open the form only so I guess the problem must be in the form file. Could you please help me to recover this version of my data entry application? Can I send the files per email to you?

Kind regards,
Claudia
josh

Re: CSpro crashed-unable to open .ent application now

Post by josh »

Please send the app to cspro@lists.census.gov
claudia

Post by claudia »

Hi Josh,

many thanks for your quick reply. I actually managed to recover the .ent application after repeatedly trying to open the application, dictionary and form files. Eventually I managed to enter the form file and save it, and then the next time I opened the .ent application it was fine again. I don't know why this has happened, nor do I understand why the application keeps crashing.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions to avoid this?
I'll send you the files via email, just in case there's something wrong with them.

Many thanks,
Claudia
josh

Post by josh »

I don't see anything wrong with the application you sent. If you get it into a bad state again please send us the bad version.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Ok, thanks!