Adding Items (Questions) Long after creating forms

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Eliot2017

Adding Items (Questions) Long after creating forms

Post by Eliot2017 »

I am soon starting a survey and it is a repeat of one that I did last year (it is done on an annual basis). I now want to add new items (questions) into the dictionary and hence onto the forms (somewhere at the middle of previous questions). It appears I cannot do that.... ???

Is there a way of adding a new question (item) to an already existing form without having to delete the forms (and hence the Logic) and start all over again??
josh

Re: Adding Items (Questions) Long after creating forms

Post by josh »

Simply add the new items to your dictionary and then drag and drop them from the dictionary tree (on the left side of screen) and drop them onto the form. Note that when you drop the new items they are added so that they are asked AFTER all the previous questions. You can adjust this by dragging the items in the forms tree to reorder them.

Note that when you add new items to the dictionary always add them at the END of the record and not in the middle or beginning. If you add them at them it will change the start positions of the existing items which will make it difficult to use the dictionary with old data. As described above, the order of the items in the dictionary does not have to match the order on the forms so you can add new items at the end of the dictionary and then place them in whatever order you want on the form.