Creating a roster within a roster

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
rmbaruk

Creating a roster within a roster

Post by rmbaruk »

Hallo,

I am developing a dictionary that has some form of a roster within another roster. at the moment I am trying to solve my problem using the occurrence setting but I am not confident enough that my problem will be solved. I say so since when defining a record, I am not able to set it up well. I am attaching a snapshot of the same. I will highly appreciate your response
Attachments
loop within a loop.png
loop within a loop.png (6.35 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Gregory Martin

Re: Creating a roster within a roster

Post by Gregory Martin »

Unfortunately, there are some restrictions in the way that CSPro can handle these. You can make your country of destination item repeat five times, but CSPro restricts the way that rosters can be set up so you cannot have a roster containing repeating items.

The way around this restriction is to use a repeating form (instead of a roster). In that case, the repeating item will appear as a roster on that repeating form. The downside to this, which is a big downside, is that you will not see the other items on the same screen. This doesn't matter on Android, with its one-question-per-screen approach, but if you're running the survey on Windows, this may be a drawback.

To get around these restrictions, some people will just add five separate items for country of destination. That may mean that you have to repeat logic across five PROCs, but that is one possible workaround.