How to Random Order Set of Questions

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
pradhanra01

How to Random Order Set of Questions

Post by pradhanra01 »

Hi All CSPro Users,

I have a query if anybody has idea to resolve this.

In my survey I have a 6 questions, first five questions to be ask to respondent in random/roated way. Order of the questions has to be change for next respondent.

I have tried to use generating random number 1:5 to select the question and follow like that but it does not work.

For your reference I have attached here the project file. Please suggest me how to resolve out this problem on cspro.

Thanks & Regards,
Attachments
random.rar
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Gregory Martin

Re: How to Random Order Set of Questions

Post by Gregory Martin »

What you are doing won't work because you need to keep track of what has already been entered. For example, your logic in Q1 needs to know whether or not Q2...Q5 have been entered already. A few years ago I posted an example of randomizing the order of CSPro questions which you can find on the forum, but honestly, this is not something that is easy to do in CSPro.

What I would do in your case would be to make the questions a repeating item. That is, make the item repeat 5 times, drag it to the field as a roster, and then you can use the setocclabel function to randomize the occurrence labels. That way you don't have to use move/reenter to control the order of entry, but since the labels are randomized, it will essentially give you the same result.

In this model, you will want to save to your data file the randomized order so that you can reconstruct it following data entry.
pradhanra01

Re: How to Random Order Set of Questions

Post by pradhanra01 »

Hi Gregory Martin,

Thank you so much. I will try to search your prior post on same issue and try to resolve it.

Regards,
Ramesh