Invalid file format. Dictionary is not valid

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Pinalli

Invalid file format. Dictionary is not valid

Post by Pinalli »

Dear All,
When I try to export my data I keep getting the error message that reads "Error opening file. Invalid file format. Dictionary is not valid". Even though I am exporting with the most recent dictionary. It is also important to note that the data I am trying to export is synced from the field. Any help to help me resolve it. Thanks
Gregory Martin

Re: Invalid file format. Dictionary is not valid

Post by Gregory Martin »

Are you exporting a valid CSPro file? If you are using FTP/Dropbox sync, you need to use the Data Viewer tool to download the data from the server. This will create a valid CSPro file that you can use in the export process. You cannot directly export the files that are synced to the server.
Pinalli

Post by Pinalli »

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the support. Really appreciate it. There are two setups for this project (Consumer and Farmer Interviews). The data is stored in the consume and Farm data respectively. The data opens perfectly with Data Viewer when I use the windows to sync however I still get the error message when the data is synchronized from the tablet. Please find the setup with an invalid file format of the Farmer data file in the Farm folder. Thanks in advance
Attachments
PFAG.zip
(161.44 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
khurshid.arshad

Post by khurshid.arshad »

Dear Pinalli;

Usually, this error occurred when you are trying to view data in lower version. Example your application is in 7.1 version and you are trying to view in 7.0.

Please make sure your Android and Desktop version is same.

Best.
a.
Pinalli

Post by Pinalli »

Hi Arshad,
Thanks so much. It worked
:D
massychiocha

Post by massychiocha »

I am using CSPro 7.3.1. When I try to download the data from the Drop box, I get a message 'Invalid file format the dictionary is Blank'.

Please help.
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

@massychiocha, you are more likely to get a quick response if you create a new post instead of posting off of a two-year-old topic.

Can you post more details about your problem? Are you trying to sync from CSEntry, from logic, or from Data Viewer? Have you ensured that there is data on your Dropbox account?