Duplicates detected on ver 7 and not on ver 6.3

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
boikgwadi

Duplicates detected on ver 7 and not on ver 6.3

Post by boikgwadi »

Greetings

My district folks use ver 6.3 to capture data and being in the urban area, I upgraded to ver 7.02 and loo and behold :cry: :cry: , all my problems :( :( :( have started.

1) I can't check or upload the data for entry as the data entered in 6.3 is detected as duplicates in 7.02
2) I am failing to concatenate.

I am failing what I used to win on 6.3. How can I revert back to 6.3???
Attachments
Mangwedata 2.rar
This file open on both 6.3 and 7.02
(757.94 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Mangwedata1.zip
This file can only be opened in ver 6.3 and not in ver 7.02 that I am using. All my data is set to 0
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
Amalima Program.zip
The application program
(51.19 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
josh

Re: Duplicates detected on ver 7 and not on ver 6.3

Post by josh »

The file reading code was changed in version 7 and it is less tolerant of badly structured data files. In case 31601063 there is a newline in the middle of a record on line 10842 which causes CSPro to see the case repeated a second time. In case 31301065 there is a line that starts with "Q3650" in the middle of the case (line 24004) rather than with the case id which also causes CSPro 7 to see this as two separate cases. I removed that line as well as the line break on line 10842 and now the data file can now be loaded in CSPro 7 (see attached). However, this data file clearly does not match the dictionary used in the application. There are numerous record types in the data file that are not in the dictionary and some of the values are showing up as undefined (********) which means that the variable positions/lengths in the data file do not match the positions in the dictionary. I'm not sure where the data file came from but it certainly was not created with this data entry program. I'm guessing that it was entered with a program using a different dictionary or was modified with another tool outside CSPro. You probably should find the original dictionary and use the reformat data tool to move the data from the old dictionary to the new dictionary.

To got back to version 6.3 you can uninstall version 7 and install version 6.3. You can download the version 6.3 installer from here: http://www.csprousers.org/downloads/
Attachments
Mangwedata1.zip
(977.47 KiB) Downloaded 245 times