Creating a Variable to Concat and Export a Daily Data

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
MrTaco

Creating a Variable to Concat and Export a Daily Data

Post by MrTaco »

Hi Guys

Is there any possibilities that i can (Creating a Variable to Concat and Export a Daily Data), so that my data collectors can just select then it does that the job.

Thanks
Gregory Martin

Re: Creating a Variable to Concat and Export a Daily Data

Post by Gregory Martin »

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're looking to run a PFF file that concatenates and exports data, that is possible. Say you have a menu program, you could write logic like this:
execpff("Concatenate Data.pff",wait);
execpff("Export Data.pff",wait);
You would have to ensure that those PFF files do the proper task. Some people write out dynamic PFF files from within CSPro logic to ensure that the PFF works on the desired set of data files.
MrTaco

Post by MrTaco »

let's say am working on one data file and my data is accumulative everyday and i only want to concat and export the ones that has been captured for the day.
1. do I create function for it so data collectors can select then it concat and export the data that has been collected for the day.
2. or do I add a logic at the end of the questionnaire that state that all the individuals has been captured.
Saint

Post by Saint »

I am you you have a date on entry/capture variable somewhere in the program and so you can use this in your export batch file restrict the export to cases for the desired alone.