Delete value set label

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Maurya

Delete value set label

Post by Maurya »

Hello,

I want to make multiple languages in value sets, value set label are too long and value label more then 20, so it covered whole screen ,I used the below example but it come from item label . Can it possible to delete value set label .

if language = 1 then setvaluesets("_VS1"); // English
elseif language = 2 then setvaluesets("_VS2"); // French
else then setvaluesets("_VS3"); // Samoan
endif;

Sex SEX_VS1
male 1
female 2
sssex SEX_VS2
male 1
female 2
Sex3 SEX_VS3
male 1
female 2
josh

Re: Delete value set label

Post by josh »

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. You can delete value set labels in the dictionary editor.

In CSPro 6.3 and above there is a better way to do multiple language value sets than using setvaluesets(). You can define different labels for each language in a single value set and the value set labels are changed automatically when the interviewer changes the language. You no longer need to write any logic. See "Multiple Language Dictionaries" in the help or look at http://teleyah.com/cspro/SouthAfricaOct2016/05-CAPI.pdf
btri Arjun

Post by btri Arjun »

Dear All,

I have a dictionary with two language VS1 "Nepali" and VS2 "English". Now I want to delete all value label form _VS1 (Nepali). Is there is a way to delete _VS1 labels and code in a single attempt ?

- Arjun
Gregory Martin

Post by Gregory Martin »

There is no automated way to do this. If you were familiar with the .dcf file format, you could edit that in a text editor, but your best option is probably to do it by hand.