synchronization options

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
josh

Re: synchronization options

Post by josh »

The most likely issue is a bad password or a bad url. Make sure that the url/username/password are correct on the second machine. Case (capital/lowercase) counts.

Look at the api.log file on the server to see if the the calls from the second machine are getting to the server. There is also a log file on the client machine that you can look at. On Windows it is in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\CSPro\sync.log. On Android in it is the csentry directory. This file should have additional error information.
Komin

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro team,

I am trying to setup cspro web serer to online but the result is like this.
Failed to contact authentication server. Please contact your site administrator.

Regards.
Komin
josh

Post by josh »

What does the log file say?
Komin

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro team,

I did not see log file just only see ui file in folder logs.
Noted: i used cpanel.

Regards,
Komin
josh

Post by josh »

What are the contents of that ui file in the logs directory?
Komin

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro team,

here is the content in ui in logs.

Please help to advise me

Regards,
Komin
Last edited by Komin on January 10th, 2017, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josh

Post by josh »

According to the log file "a request has been blocked by Mod Security". I'm not familiar with mod security and the error doesn't give any additional information on what exactly was blocked. We will try to set up mod security on a server here and see if we can figure out the issue but this will take a few weeks. In the meantime I would disable mod security on your server or ask your hosting company for help disabling it. A quick google search shows lots of people with the same error running wordpress on hosted sites and getting help from the web host.
josh

Post by josh »

It wasn't as hard as I thought to set up and test a server with mod security. I was able to get it to work but it required some modifications both to the CSPro code and to the mod security settings on the server.

The changes to CSPro will be in the next version 7.0 beta release which is due out in the next few days. This will require reinstalling the server code using the updated PHP code that will be included in the beta and it will also require using the updated Android/Windows versions too.

On your server you, or your web hosting provider if you do not have access to the mod security settings, will need to make the following changes to the mod security configuration:

1) Change allowed_request_content_type to include: application/json, text/plain and application/octet-stream

2) Change allowed_methods to include: PUT DELETE

How you make these changes depends on how your server is configured. If you have shell (SSH) access to your server you may be able to do it by modifying the configuration file for mod security (see the mod security documentation https://modsecurity.org/documentation.html). If you don't have shell access then you should contact technical support at your web host and request that they do it for you.

Once the mod security configuration is changed and you install the new beta version it should work, however, it is possible that your mod security will have other rules defined that are different from the rules that I tested with. In that case, if you see that mod security error in either the ui.log or api.log file then you will need to get access to the mod security audit log file (modsec_audit.log) and send us a copy so we can see what the problem is.
Komin

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro Team,

Thanks you very much for your helps, now i can access to cspro web server smoothly.

Regards,
Komin
Komin

Post by Komin »

Dear CSPro team,

For the old version cspro-rest-capi i have done for web server setup. But now I am tying to setup cspro web server with CSWeb Server Code provided but the result is below message.
Error 500 - Internal Server Error
An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

Could you please help to advise me.

Regards,
Komin