Delete entry applications from CSEntry

Discussions about CSEntry
Forum rules
New release: CSPro 8.0
Benjy

Delete entry applications from CSEntry

Post by Benjy »

Good afternoon,

First of all thank you: I'm not new with CSPro but I am on CSEntry for Android and this forum has helped me solving many issues. My issue may have already been tackled in previous topics and if so, I'm sorry that I did not find the solution yet. I may have done something wrong during the synchronization as I eventually created two entry applications with the same names. At first I synced using the pnc file but the app did not work (error message). Thus I synced once again using the pff file, what created another app with same name. Now both entry applications work fine (?!!). Could you please help me understanding what I did wrong and how to remove apps? Here is my pnc script:

[SyncFile]
Version=CSPro 6.2

[Connection]
Type=Dropbox

[Sync]
ServerPath=/DE System

CreateClientPath=/DE System
ClientPath=/DE System

Get=Research Market Survey.pen
Get=Research Market Survey.pff

Thanks a lot,
Best,

Benjy.
josh

Re: Delete entry applications from CSEntry

Post by josh »

There is no way to remove the app from the Android device within CSEntry. You need to connect to your device to the PC and delete the application files or use a file manager application on the device to delete the files.

The reason you ended with two copies of the application is probably because using the .pff file to sync and using the .pnc file to sync ended up putting the application into two different directories on the device thus leaving you with two copies.

Not sure why the application failed the first time. I would have to see the .pff file and the error message that you got to know why. One possibility is that the folder that the data file is in did not exist on the device. This happens when the data file is in a different directory from the application file for example if you have an app folder and a data folder.
Benjy

Post by Benjy »

Morning Josh,

That's exactly what happened ("One possibility is that the folder that the data file is in did not exist on the device."). Can't retrieve the error message as for some reasons both apps work now. Usually, when working on desktop with CSPro, I indeed create a data entry system folder for the app and a data entry processing folder for the actual data files. Maybe this is what you mean, as I uploaded on Dropbox the pnc file from the app folder, and the pff file from the processing folder? I'll try to keep all together now, and see if it's working.

I'll also try to remove apps via connection to PC. Thanks a lot for the fast answer.
kompiler

Post by kompiler »

Dear josh,

I have recently installed CSPro 7.1 and used deploy application to install Entry application in Android device. Now i cannot delete it from device. I used both ways - File manager on device and Windows explorer on PC. Device is Samsung SM-T110. Is there any way to do it?
aaronw

Post by aaronw »

@kompiler Either method you mentioned should work. are you receiving a message?
kompiler

Post by kompiler »

Hi aaronw,

On device the message is "File operation error"
On PC the message is "Cannot delete [application name]: The storage is write-protected."

Except new application (installed using new deploy application tool) the rest applications can be easily deleted.
josh

Post by josh »

Could be that a file is locked. Try rebooting the tablet (power off and power back on again) and then trying to delete it.
kompiler

Post by kompiler »

It didn't help. I tried on other device, same issue. Files cannot be deleted
josh

Post by josh »

Try deleting all the files inside the folder first before deleting the folder.

If your tablet has a built-in file manager (I think there is one called "My Files" on Samsung tabs) use that instead of a third-party one like ES File Explorer.

Try downloading the app again using "Add application" in CSEntry. This will overwrite the existing files and maybe make it possible to delete them.

If you can send me the zip file that was created by the deploy tool, or a link to it on your server/dropbox, I can try to reproduce the problem on my device. You can send via pm or email to cspro@lists.census.gov.

If all else fails a factory reset of your tablet will definitely delete the file.
kompiler

Post by kompiler »

All the files (that were copied using deploy application tool) cannot be deleted. They are somehow protected and require root privileges. As i said i've tried on other device (Sony Xperia). Same problem occurred. I've sent files via email.